Saturday, May 31, 2014

MOVIE Review: X-Men - Days of the Future Past

Hi Movie Lovers!




This week I am reviewing the movie X-Men: Days of the Future Past.
I word to describe it: Amazing

I have to say, this is one of the best movies I've seen this year. The graphics, characters, story plot...
Too good.
Everyone that helped make the movie happen deserves an applause.

Details:
Title: X-Men: Days of Future Past
Director: Bryan Singer
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy
Lead Actors/Actresses: Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine
                            James McAvoy as young Charles Xavier
                            Michael Fassbender as young Erik Lahnsherr 
                            Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique/Raven
                            Peter Dinklage as Dr. Bolivar Trask
                            Nicholas Hoult as Beast/Hank

Movies with the Same Genre: Iron Man 3, Man of Steel
5/5 Stars
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Synopsis:
In the dystopian future, sentient robots known as Sentinels are exterminating mutants and oppressing humans who harbor the genes that lead to mutant offspring. A small band of mutants manage to evade the Sentinels due to Kitty Pryde, who has the ability to project a person's consciousness back in time to deliver warnings.
Pryde's group rendezvous with Storm, Blink, Iceman, Bishop, Warpath, Wolverine, Professor Charles Xavier and Magneto in a monastery in China. They hatch a plan to send Wolverine's consciousness back in time to prevent Mystique from murdering Bolivar Trask, the designer of the Sentinels.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●


"Tell whoever it is that sent you that I'm...busy."
"The person who sent me was you."


My thoughts:

Firstly, doesn't the poster look AMAZING??
I love how it shows what the same character looks like in the past.
Hahaha but the Wolverine look the same in my opinion XD

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!

The graphics is amazing, the story plot is exciting, the characters are very well-developed, I was gripping on my seat during the entire movie!
Without a doubt, this is my favourite X-Men movie.
Watch this movie guys, it is definitely worth it!

There are a 4 new mutants in this movie, which is quite enjoyable. My new favourite mutant is Blink, which is greatly portrayed by Fan BingBing. Blink's power is portals, which I think took this power into a whole new level. The purple and pink opening looks so cool and the techniques she uses with her power are really smart! 

Blink opening up a portal
Blink portrayed by Fan BingBing

There are also Warpath, who can fly and has super senses; Bishop, who can absorb different forms of energy and redirect them; and like Bishop, Sunspot can also redirect solar energy.

Sunspot portrayed by Adan Canto

Warpath portrayed by Booboo Stewart

Bishop portrayed by Omar Sy
I love how X-Men opens up with an epic fight, which shows the new mutants' powers and the results shows well that they are in a hard time (and a great start to a great movie). The fighting scenes in the rest of the movie is really exciting, but the starting fight is my favourite.

I love the fact that even though the Wolverine's conscience is during 1973, his body is still at the 'present', which is 50 years later, and when Logan was in a fight during his mission, it shows Logan's body reacting to what happened during the future.

One last thing I loved about the movie was the use of humor. With life or death on the line, you would not think their would be a lot of room for jokes, but X-Men left the theater cracking up. Especially scenes with Quicksilver, his immatureness is really enjoyable during dangerous scenes.

"In the future, do I make it?"

*Shakes head* "No."


Sorry if this is a short review! I had so much to say but I couldn't even write it down in words!
Another post will come soon!

Thanks, 
Nashy (◕‿◕✿)

P.S. I'm going to change my rule of 'posting every week' to 'posting every 2 weeks' because I noticed that school was getting in the way and I'll be really busy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment